Thursday, July 18, 2013

Photos Tell Stories - What is Yours?

Pictures are like food to me. Good ones, bad ones, images that shock, images that impress with the quality of light that seems possible only in a Hollywood film. A steady diet of imagery represent ideas worth exploring, problems worth working out and stories worth telling. Pictures are digested - they are consumed by the masses. Think of every Instagram, Facebook or Tumblr feed. Are you looking at those? Do you contribute to those? If they don't apply to you then you won't know what I am telling you.

Photography is not a new idea and the process has been around for quite some time. Photographic digital technology has become as common as getting dressed in the morning. Images are footprints, measuring how users navigate their days.

How to make a distinct statement in image creation is the challenge. What significance will my images have compared to the thousands of others being created simultaneously? My images belong to me. They are my footprint. Where my path crosses yours is the avenue I'd like to pursue. Are you ready to tell your story? What is important to you? Can you share that - can you allow me into your life to tell your story?

This portrait marks the time I am spending with husband in San Francisco. I liked his expression and how his body is relaxed. Documenting how we look is something that most everyone can relate to. We don't all look like young, gorgeous models, because we're not like that in real life! I like images that appear as real as I can capture them.

Give this a thought. Consider the exchange. We may share similar life circumstances. Give a look at my work, and give me a call.

I am interested in shooting portraits and hearing what you have to say!

I am in Connecticut but have wheels and can travel. Seeking collaboration:
http://www.margaretwaage.com
mobile 203 228-0277

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this piece. Your writing draws me in and gets me excited about telling my story through photography. But how? And then you tell me - by hiring you. Nice work with this.

    ReplyDelete