Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pictures Speak Louder Than Words with 41-Megapixel Phone


The Windows Phone has my ear and is making a play for my eyes. My two-year Verizon contract is nearly up and until today, I thought I'd trade in my Android for a new IPhone. This week's announcement of the 41-megapixel Nokia Lumia 1020 with Windows Phone 8 is giving me a reason to do comparisons.
1200-nokia_lumia-1020_product_image_0C385C67
It's no secret smart phones are for much more than talking. The Nokia is targeting the mobile photography community with its Nokia Pro Camera app that delivers shutter speed controls of 1/16000 to 4 seconds combined with 'touch enabled and graphical interfaces.'
Windows Phone employs 'Live Apps' through pinning directly onto the Start screen. Users can customize tile sizes for apps and set levels of importance. Live Apps allow for real-time updates from favorites like Groupon, sports scores, up to the minute flight info, news headlines, tweets and Facebook posts.
Over 100 free apps come with the phone. A picture locater app called das Image, might be fun to photo explore. A lost phone app, audio books, various calculators, music mixer apps and too many to list here make this phone a showcase for its computing capabilities.
See the following reviews and decide if you too might be ready for a switch away from Android and IPhone. The Nokia Lumia 1020 retails for $300 with a 2-year AT&T contract.

1 comment:

  1. I have an iPhone and iPad but I also have a Windows Surface tablet and I have to say I enjoy the portability of the tablet with the windows 8 pc functionality. So I can understand the hype about this new phone. Though I don't think I will stray from apple because of the many apps purchased from their store.

    ReplyDelete